1. You think about them all the time. You can’t force yourself not to. You say, “Okay, today I will not think about this person,” but even being deliberate always backfires and you just end up thinking about them more.
2. You do things for them you normally wouldn’t do even if they’re annoying to you, like help them move or go out of your way like, seven blocks just to get them that specific kind of candy they like.
3. You find yourself lingering on stuff that smells like them — their T-shirts, their sheets. When you catch a whiff of them, you feel happy and safe.
4. You don’t mind the gross stuff like if they have eye boogers or a big pimple. It just makes them more human and therefore somehow cuter?
5. You want to know everything about their life — their childhood, their family, their favorite concert they ever went to, their best college memories, everything. You could just listen to them tell you stuff for hours.
6. You find yourself goofily smiling alone when you think about their dumb face.
7. You talk about them incessantly. Your friends are all like, “Yeah, we know they like Game of Thrones and one time they were in a ska band. Jeez. You’ve told us already like seven times.”
8. Innocuous things remind you of them. Like streetlamps and cracks in the sidewalk and bodega cats and like, really anything you see.